Kutná Hora, known as “the country’s treasure”, is one of the most important historical cities of the Czech Republic. It has been on the UNESCO World Heritage list since 1995.
“Kutná Hora” could be translated as “the Excavated Mountain” and as its name indicates is related to silver mining carried out since the XIII century. In its times it was the richest and the most important field in all of Europe. This gave the city great importance and it even competed with Prague in economic, cultural and political power for many centuries. Those times left behind impressive cathedrals, churches, castles, lanes and passages, that recreate the city’s glorious past.
During our Kutna Hora Day Tour from Prague you will get to know the main monuments of the city, like the famous Bone church, St. Barbara’s cathedral, the Italian court and many others.
Sedlec Ossuary (Bone chapel)
Without a doubt, one of the main attractions of Kutná Hora is Sedlec Ossuary, also known as the Bone chapel. It’s a small catholic chapel located under the Cemetery Church of All Saints in Sedlec, the oldest part of the city.
This unique chapel is decorated with bones belonging to 40 000 human skeletons positioned in an artistic way forming candelabras, shields, pyramids and other objects.
Itinerary of the excursion to Kutná Hora:
- St. Barbara’s cathedral
- Church of the Assumption of Our Lady and Saint John the Baptist
- Sedlec Ossuary (Bone Chapel)
- Jesuit college
- Stien Fountain
- Plague column
- Italian Court
And a lot more…
- Adults: 45 euros / 1125 CKZ per person
- Students: 40 euros / 1000 CZK per person (under 25, student ID required)
- Children under 13: 20 € / 500 CZK
- The price includes private transport, an English guide and entrance tickets to Sedlec Ossuary
Where and when
- Timetable: Thuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 10.00. By prior reservation only
- Duration: 6 hours
- The meeting point is at 832/19 Wenceslas Square (Václavské náměstí 832/19), next to a Sephora shop (See map). You can recognise our guides by GREEN umbrellas.
Book now and ensure your place!
We recommend that you book to ensure your place for the agreed time and day. Places are limited!